Enterprise Architect (Level 3)
The Halifax Group has potential upcoming contract opportunities under the category of P.2 Enterprise Architect (Level 3) for one of our Government of Canada clients.
Start Date: TBD
Security Clearance: Enhanced Reliability
- Evaluate architectures and system problems to support the implementation, integration, and maintenance of mission critical and non-mission critical solutions and systems;
- Evaluate the enterprise’s business/Information and Communications Technology (ICT) architecture, determine its consistency and integration with the organization’s business/ICT strategies, assess the degree of its alignment with Treasury Board CIO policies, directives, standards, and programs and recommend changes to the business/ICT architecture to improve its alignment with these external factors;
- Identify future business/ICT requirements against the current enterprise architecture, perform gap analyses, develop Requirements for Technology Architectures (RTA), and prepare migration strategies; Assess the feasibility of migrating from the current state to the target business architecture and enabling technologies and identify the risks associated with migrating to the target business architecture and technologies and make recommendations for risk mitigation;
- Identify business and technology trends that create opportunities for business improvement, advise business and ICT Senior Executives on ICT trends and emerging technologies and the impact on the organization’s and government ICT architectures and business strategies, model “What if” scenarios and recommend appropriate changes to the existing architecture and ICT infrastructure, and recommend alternative solutions, methodologies and strategies;
- Produce an architectural evolution plan, recommend prioritization of architecture evolution initiatives, and develop and/or implement an architecture evolution plan;
- Manage the development and implementation of an architectural improvement plan; and
- Coach, mentor and train the organization.
- Enterprise alignment report;
- Transition plan; and
- Implementation, testing and training plans.
- Must have an Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification;
- Must have experience on one (1) project in the last 10 years, which involved the production of an enterprise infrastructure architecture which includes a data access layer for a Microsoft based legacy application which accesses multiple large-scale relational database management system (RDBMS) technologies. Large-scale RDBMS is defined as:
- Robust: continuous, real-time data taking;
- Has a minimum of 400 tables;
- Has a minimum of 2,500 concurrent users;
- Has a minimum size of 100 GB;
- Data distribution is in multiple regions; and
- Heterogeneous environment which contains at least 3 of the following operating systems: Windows, HP-UX, OpenVMS, and Linux.
- Must have received both doses of the Covid-19 vaccine
The Halifax Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, ancestry, marital status, medical condition, national origin, or any other protected status. Visible minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.