Help Desk Specialist (Level 2)
The Halifax Group is looking for Secret-cleared Intermediate Help Desk Specialists to provide services to our Government of Canada client, as and when requested.
Start Date: 2024
Security Clearance: Secret
- Review network monitoring alerts at a national level from monitoring tools and respond accordingly;
- Coordinate National situational awareness events including sending out an informational advisory;
- Respond to events and coordinate responses from service providers in support of internal Incident Management Processes;
- Respond directly to events including phone calls, emails, alerts and notifications from users or stakeholders in support of domestic and deployed operations;
- Route incidents to internal providers for national telecommunications systems, and route incidents to SSC and other external providers as appropriate; and
- Respond to and coordinate classified IT related events from the NCR users or applications.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience working in a help or service desk environment.
- A minimum of one (1) year of combined experience using at least one (1) information Technology incident management ticketing system, as well as using different tracking systems and methods to keep information and data organized and accessible
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience using at least one (1) network monitoring tool.
- The proposed resource must do shift work that are not in the regular 0730 – 1800 hours’ time period including weekends and with twelve (12) hours/shift.
- NOTE: The National Service Desk (NSD) operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. As such the contractor resources will be required to do shift work amounting to 12 hours per shift. For two weeks the resources will work day shifts, i.e., 6 am to 6 pm and for two weeks the resources will work night shifts, i.e., 6 pm to 6 am. The day and night shift will alternate every 2 weeks. One week the resources will work 60 hours i.e., 5 shifts per week and the next week the contractor will work 24 hours, i.e., 2 shifts per week, and this will alternate every week. This is a total of 84hrs for every two work weeks.
The Halifax Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, ancestry, marital status, medical condition, national origin, or any other protected status. Visible minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.