Project Manager (Level 3)
The Halifax Group has potential upcoming contract opportunities under the category of P.9 Project Manager (Level 3) for one of our Government of Canada clients.
Start Date: TBD
Security Clearance: Enhanced Reliability
- Provide leadership and planning support in the development, implementation, and integration of systems of IM/IT projects and operations;
- Follow established and documented Project Management Lifecycle and System Development Lifecycle including tools to be identified by the Technical Authority;
- Manage several Project Managers, each responsible for an element of the project and its associated project team;
- Manage the project during the development, implementation and operations startup by identifying which resources are required to complete the project and that the project is developed and is fully operational within previously agreed time, cost and performance parameters;
- Formulate statements of problems;
- Establish procedures for the development and implementation of significant, new or modified project elements to solve these problems, and obtain approval thereof;
- Define and document the objectives for the project;
- Determine budgetary requirements, the composition, roles and responsibilities, and terms of reference for the project team;
- Report progress of the project on an ongoing basis and at scheduled points in the life cycle, including the completion of all mandatory project and software development artifacts;
- Meet with stakeholders and other project managers and state problems in a form capable of being solved;
- Prepare plans, charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing or displaying problems;
- Work with a variety of project management tools;
- Ensure that all deliverables receive the required project sign-off;
- Prepare executive level reporting; and
- Deliver required baseline change requests when approved by senior management.
- Report on project artifacts and deliverables including conducting quality assurance for governance deliverables;
- Weekly project progress reports;
- Monthly risk reports; and
- Monthly schedule updates.
- Must have a University Degree or College/CEGEP Diploma related to computer science, information technology, project management, or engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution; and
- Must have 10 years of experience in the last 15 years performing tasks that are the same or similar to items d, f, g, and h listed under the “Tasks” heading above.
- Must have received both doses of the Covid-19 vaccine
The Halifax Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, ancestry, marital status, medical condition, national origin, or any other protected status. Visible minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.