The Halifax Group has an opportunity for a full-time Proposal Writer to join our growing team in Ottawa, ON.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to become a member of a team of professionals with exceptional camaraderie;
- A corporate environment where the focus is on results: substance over form;
- Flexibility for hours worked and vacation; and
- Pride and comfort in an organization that meets your standard of professionalism.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has prior experience writing proposals for the federal government, with a strong understanding of the need for compliance;
- Is a motivated self-starter with a positive and energetic approach to growing our company;
- Has the ability to set their own deadlines and schedules to produce high-quality work and ensure that tasks are completed on time;
- Has exceptional communications skills (written and verbal);
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills, a high level of comfort liaising with IT and business professionals, and the ability to work alongside sales teams, senior managers, and business partners;
- Is comfortable with recruiting and contacting consultants, when and if required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing RFPs and amendments;
- Assisting with RFP selection and contributing to Bid/No-Bid decisions;
- Reviewing resumes and assessing candidates to determine whether they meet RFP criteria;
- Contacting candidates regarding proposal submissions to validate work experience and qualifications;
- Monitoring public tender sites (Buy and Sell / Merx) to identify new postings and communicating this information with the sales team;
- Carefully reviewing RFPs to identify all requirements, identifying potential areas of non-compliance in bids and resolving issues to ensure that technical proposals are fully compliant with client requirements;
- Performing quality assurance (QA) reviews on proposals written by colleagues to provide feedback and recommendations on how to better demonstrate compliance with government requirements, as well as to improve clarity and flow of written content;
- Writing and submitting enquiries about active solicitations to procurement via email;
- Tracking candidate information in order to provide reports and status updates to sales and proposal teams;
- Recruiting candidates using available electronic tools (internal database, LinkedIn, Monster, etc.), and confirming compliance to proposal requirements and won roles, to assist the team during heavy workload;
- Building and fostering positive internal and external relationships;
- Supporting sales and business development activities as and when required;
- Experience as a Proposal Writer in an organization providing professional services to the federal government;
- Experience identifying and recruiting qualified candidates for proposals and/or won positions;
- Solid understanding of federal government procurement processes and knowledge of major supply arrangements (including TBIPS, TSPS, THS, etc.); and
- Proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, and Teams; working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Bilingual is an asset but is not required
- Ability to acquire Government of Canada security clearance
- Must have received both doses of the Covid-19 vaccine
- 190 O’Connor St, Ottawa, ON.
- Work will be done both virtually and on-site.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Halifax Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, ancestry, marital status, medical condition, national origin, or any other protected status. Visible minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.