Senior Project Manager
Our Government of Canada client has a won contract opportunity for a Senior Project Manager.
Start Date: ASAP
Security Clearance: Reliability
Tasks and Activities:
- Participate in Sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint retrospectives;
- Documents detailed User Stories (requirements) and validate existing requirements, updating if/when required;
- Manage the product backlog in JIRA (backlog grooming);
- Review and provide feedback on completed development work to ensure business requirements are being met;
- Lead product review and acceptance meetings with the business clients at the end of each Sprint;
- Interfacing with other Product Owners and Business Analysts from stakeholder groups;
- Create of contribute to documentation, presentations and status updates for clients, stakeholders and senior management;
- Contributing to the SA&A process (documenting business processes and operational procedures, etc.);
- Coordinating the development/validation of test scenarios and acceptance criteria for User Stories;
- Lead the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) process with business clients, review UAT testing results and relay feedback to the development team; and
- Track and provide progress reports on the status of development activities.
- 10+ years of experience as a Project Manager;
- Experience developing project governance documentation, (E.g. Project Charter, PMP and project closure documentation, such as Lessons Learned);
- Experience managing a project with links and dependencies to at least one other project;
- Experience re-baselining a project;
- Experience leading projects using Agile methodology;
- Agile Certification; and
- Project Management Certification.
- Must have received both doses of the Covid-19 vaccine
The Halifax Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, ancestry, marital status, medical condition, national origin, or any other protected status. Visible minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.