Senior Technology Architect (Windows Expert)
The Halifax Group has a won contract opportunity with one of our Government of Canada clients. The selected resource will be required to complement its current team of technical specialists to maintain and support the Windows desktop platform.
Start Date: ASAP
Security Clearance: Secret
- Design, engineer, test, pilot, support and maintain Windows 10-11 builds, security updates & feature releases while conforming to DFATD’s internal processes and documentation standards.
- Inject Windows 10-11 security updates into Windows 10 builds.
- Device, maintain and support operating system deployments with SCCM (co-management, MECM, INTUNE and (Windows Server Update Service) WSUS)
- Design, develop, maintain and support SCCM, MECM, INTUNE task sequences
- Design, develop, maintain and support CMD (Cloud managed desktop)
- Design and develop scripts such as PowerShell scripts and windows cmd shell scripts
- Certification & integration of new devices and drivers.
- Provide 3rd level engineering support for the operating system platform in both development and production environments.
- Collaborating with other teams involved in the software delivery process.
- Provide advice and recommendations for improving the creation, management & deployment of the operating system, software products, alternative solutions, strategies and practices.
- Scrutinize and analyze changes for impacts and for technical & security risks.
- Track and update request for changes, work orders, tasks and incidents using the Remedy Smart-IT and BMC Remedy Change Management System.
- 8 years of experience developing and integrating solutions for Windows 7 (or later) desktop platforms.
- 5 years of experience designing or engineering Windows 10 or 11 builds, feature releases, and operating systems deployments.
- 8 years of experience producing documentation such as Architecture, Concept of Operations, Functional Detail Design, Installation/Build Procedures, Operational Procedures, and Release Notes.
- 6 years of experience designing, configuring, or operating SCCM/MECM, including developing/maintaining task sequences.
- 8 years of experience using Microsoft Active Directory and GPOs to manage and control workstation security and application features.
- 3 years of experience working in a co-managed Windows endpoint environment using both MECM and Intune.
- 3 years of experience engineering in an Active Directory or Azure Active Directory hybrid-joined environment.
- 6 years of experience with WSUS updates.
- 5 years of experience with PowerShell.
- 5 years of experience working in a VMWare or HyperV environment.
- 2 years of experience using BMC Remedy or Smart IT Remedy ticket management systems.
The Halifax Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, ancestry, marital status, medical condition, national origin, or any other protected status. Visible minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.