The Halifax Group is a professional services consulting firm that provides project management, procurement management, IT technical architecture management, desktop baseline management, software development, training solutions, and a wide range of management consulting services. Since 1988, we have consistently delivered high quality solutions to our government and private sector customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working with sales execs and sales support to confirm requirements for target resources
- Recruiting top professionals for consulting engagements with federal government and private sector clients (bid opportunities and won business) using a variety of methods (internal database, LinkedIn, Monster, networking, etc.)
- Screening resumes, contacting candidates, and interviewing candidates
- Validating education, certifications, and experience against grid requirements and job descriptions
- Determining compensation expectations
- Conducting reference checks
- Creating and maintaining a database of potential resources
- Developing talent pools for longer term sales initiatives
- Working with consultants to refine, customize and formulate resumes based on client requirements
- Balancing competing priorities in a deadline driven environment
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Technical/IT Recruiter
- Experience in an organization providing IT professional services to the federal government
- Experience locating consultants to respond to federal government RFPs (TBIPS, THS, TSPS, etc.)
- Experience conducting behavioural interviews
- Experience performing full cycle recruiting
- Experience cold calling candidates
- Experience re-scheduling and balancing priorities on short notice
- Experience achieving objectives within a team
- Experience establishing and executing recruitment plans
- Experience using professional social networks
- Experience conducting social media background investigations
- Experience negotiating rates of compensation
- Familiar with federal government contracting industry (RFPs, supply arrangements, procurement vehicles, evaluation grids, etc.)
- IT industry working knowledge – technologies, job titles, job descriptions, etc.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Outlook; working knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Security Clearance: Potential to reach Top Secret
- Language: Bilingual is an asset
What We Offer
- Member of a team of professionals with exceptional camaraderie;
- Corporate focus is on results: substance over form;
- Flexibility for hours worked and vacation;
- Pride and comfort in an organization that meets your standard of professionalism.
- 190 O’Connor St, Ottawa, ON.
- Work will be done both virtually and on-site.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.