The Halifax Group has an opportunity for a full-time Technical Recruiter to join our growing team in Ottawa, ON.
What We Offer:
- Member of a team of professionals with exceptional camaraderie;
- Corporate focus is on results: substance over form;
- Flexibility for hours worked in a Monday to Friday structure;
- Pride and comfort in an organization that meets your standard of professionalism.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working with sales execs and sales support to confirm requirements for target resources
- Recruiting top professionals for consulting engagements with federal government and private sector clients (bid opportunities and won business) using a variety of methods (internal database, LinkedIn, Monster, networking, etc.)
- Screening resumes, contacting candidates, and interviewing candidates
- Validating education, certifications, and experience against grid requirements and job descriptions
- Determining compensation expectations
- Conducting reference checks
- Creating and maintaining a database of potential resources
- Developing talent pools for longer term sales initiatives
- Working with consultants to refine, customize and formulate resumes based on client requirements
- Balancing competing priorities in a deadline driven environment
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Technical/IT Recruiter
- Experience in an organization providing IT professional services to the federal government
- Experience locating consultants to respond to federal government RFPs (TBIPS, THS, TSPS, etc.)
- Experience conducting behavioural interviews
- Experience performing full cycle recruiting
- Experience cold calling candidates
- Experience re-scheduling and balancing priorities on short notice
- Experience achieving objectives within a team
- Experience establishing and executing recruitment plans
- Experience using professional social networks
- Experience conducting social media background investigations
- Experience negotiating rates of compensation
- Familiar with federal government contracting industry (RFPs, supply arrangements, procurement vehicles, evaluation grids, etc.)
- IT industry working knowledge – technologies, job titles, job descriptions, etc.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Outlook; working knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Security Clearance: Potential to reach Top Secret
- Language: Bilingual is an asset
- Must have received both doses of the Covid-19 vaccine
- 190 O’Connor St, Ottawa, ON.
- Work will be done both virtually and on-site.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Halifax Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, ancestry, marital status, medical condition, national origin, or any other protected status. Visible minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.